London Google Summit 2017


November 18 and 19 I had an amazing privilege to attend the Google EdTech Summit in London Ontario. In this post I want to share some amazing extensions I discovered. One that truly  will change my life Doc appender. 


So I'll start with the one that will change my life. Imagine one document to keep track of student progress. All forms connected to one document that is updated when you submit the form. Here is the slide show from the session with Leslie McBeth. A dynamic inspirational, #renegadeoptimist.


  • The DocAppender extension : http://bit.ly/docappender1

The next was Kim Pollishuke. I loved her larger than life spirit and enthusiasm for student learning and streamlining workflow. With add-ons and extensions that will streamline your day. My favourite was extensity(organize add-ons) tab resize(split your screen in two clicks)and tab glue (replaces tabs)


  • More Add-ons and extensions: link
Juan deLuca from Mexico shared some great tools to bring presentations to life. I was most impressed with his keynote speech where he shared student work and also shared that he was hired as an administrator however insisted that he remained in the classroom  for one period a day. This was profound because I think that it shows his passion for being connected with the ever changing field of education. Building empathy for his colleagues. From his session I was most impressed by Thinglink. It allows you to bring your photo's to life with video. The app makes it easy to bring thinking to life.



The last take away isn't in a link to a session, it isn't another add-on but...... a spark to ignite the fire.
Thank you TVDSB and EdTechTeam.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triple blog post prompt

Innovator's Mind Set...in the begining

A Brand New school #IMMOOC