Triple blog post prompt



a. Is modeling your learning something that is important to innovation?  What do you do to model your own learning through your practice? 

Modeling learning as an educator can be nerve wrecking. But I have learned to fail In front of my students with grace and humility. And to show that success doesn’t happen without failure hard work determination cooperation. Being challenged is hard but good. When you work out there’s nothing like feeling it the next day.

b. Relationships and collaboration are crucial to innovation, but what about working in isolation? Where does that come into play?

Isolation is the moment where personal struggle is evaluated the failures and the successes are measured. Isolation can be lonely if the approach is to take failure personally. However if you distance yourself from the failure and evaluate the failures to improve them to try again that is success.

c. Who is an educator that has had a tremendous impact on you in your career that you met through social media or have dug into their stuff from afar? Why did they have an impact?


Alice Keeler saved my career. I just received my new iPhone. Kids were in bed I looked at a mountain of laundry of three kids myself and my husband. I had just returned to work from a maternity leave. And felt lost in my classroom new acronyms were used by teachers new classroom strategies. I felt lost. I found the podcast teacher talk and tech and the episode featured Alice Keeler and her book  50 things you can do with google classroom. Her passion was palpable she had energy she was excited she was advocating for students. I started following her on Twitter I used her website to support my learning. I started feeling that I was on my surfboard riding the apex of the wave now I’m still riding that wave and I am at the end I am ahead of the wave being pushed by momentum and I can’t wait for the next. Allice had an impact when I needed it the most she made me feel that I could do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innovator's Mind Set...in the begining

A Brand New school #IMMOOC