Vegan week

This week my family and I have decided to go vegan, animal product free. The discussion started early in the summer when the kids were refusing to eat their dinner. Chicken drum sticks rice and broccoli. This is a normal occurrence in our house. Kids refusing to eat, me scraping food into the compost. Not entirely a waste, however I feel sad that they have no realization or connection with the food that they eat. The disconnect that kids have with what they fuel their body needs to be addressed. 

This week I created a menu that consisted only of plant based meals keeping all meals vegan. 

Kashmir Vegetable Soup
Moroccan Stuffed Peppers
Taco's with cauliflower
Broccoli Tofu stir fry
Fresh Rolls with peanut sauce
Chick Pea and sweet potato stew


I started the week with Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry. This recipe comes from Chef Micheal Smith's cook book Family Meals. While cooking the kids filtered through the kitchen, one by one they took charge of various parts of the recipe. Inclusion, the success to getting kids to eat. You made it you eat it. Kids loved the food eating most of the tofu and broccoli. Two asking for more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triple blog post prompt

Innovator's Mind Set...in the begining

A Brand New school #IMMOOC